Fire protection is one of the top concerns for owners and managers of commercial properties. Having a fire sprinkler service you can rely on is also important! In the event of a fire emergency, severe injury or death can occur without proper fire protection. And even unoccupied buildings can risk damage or destruction of valuable assets, inventory, and information.
Fire sprinkler systems are the most effective and first line of defense for many of these properties. Fire sprinkler systems make the environment safer and protect your property.
Maintaining Fire Sprinkler Systems
The installation of a fire sprinkler system is a significant step in providing fire protection. And if you are looking at installation, it’s crucial to select a qualified fire safety professional or company. Like Legacy Fire, these professionals can help you choose, design, install, and test these systems. And they can majorly improve fire safety in your building and meet local fire safety regulations.
Maintaining a fire sprinkler system can take many forms depending upon the age and condition of your fire sprinkler system. But many buildings already have commercial fire sprinkler systems. And these systems require fire sprinklers services and sprinkler systems inspections.
Prioritizing Fire Sprinkler Services
The #1 fire sprinkler service you must have with fire sprinkler systems depends upon what you need. If you are installing a new sprinkler system, you need a qualified professional installer. If you think something might be wrong with your current fire sprinkler system, you might need testing. Services such as backflow testing and emergency repair services may be more critical in some circumstances. If something needs to be fixed or tested quickly, you need a reliable fire sprinkler services company.
Outside of damage or a failure to operate, much of your required services will center on inspections. However, in most settings, the top service you need is fire sprinkler system inspections. Once a system is installed, inspections are the best way to ensure they remain operable and reliable.
The Importance of Fire Sprinkler System Inspections
Inspections play a vital role in ensuring maintenance needs are addressed. They also ensure your fire sprinkler system operates as intended during an emergency or when you need it most. The other key thing to remember is that fire inspections are required for commercial fire sprinklers. Local fire codes often dictate how frequently these inspections must occur. Commonly, they are required annually, semiannually, quarterly, or monthly.
Additionally, commercial fire sprinkler system requirements are outlined in NFPA 13. Regular fire sprinkler system inspections can tell you if your system is meeting the national standards. They can also be used to identify areas for system improvement or upgrade, if necessary.
Commercial fire sprinkler inspections accomplish several goals, including:
- Identify signs of damage that require repair or replacement.
- Spot water leaks. Leaks can quickly escalate and cause water damage. Inspections can identify leaks that may not be visible to the naked eye.
- Check additional fire protection equipment, such as fire extinguishers, to ensure they are operational. This process provides maximum fire protection for your building.
- Identify hazards, such as improper or unshielded wiring, improper use of surge protectors, or things that may block sprinkler heads. Knowing these hazards can minimize the risk of a fire starting in the first place and enhance safety if one does.
- Verify all elements of the fire sprinkler system are operations. A commercial fire sprinkler inspection can look at all system elements, such as water pressure and fire alarm performance.
- Address human safety risks. A fire inspection can also identify things that enhance overall safety. If something is blocking an egress route, it can be identified. Additional safety concerns, such as tripping hazards and waste storage can also be assessed.
Finding Someone You Trust for Fire Sprinkler Services
As you can see, proper fire sprinkler services can be a matter of life or death. They can also be the difference between a minor fire with minimal damage or a total loss scenario. Because these services are so crucial, it’s important you don’t trust just anyone for the job. Many fire regulations require that licensed, professional fire sprinkler experts deliver these services.
Legacy Fire is one of the top fire sprinkler service companies serving Nevada. Our professional fire experts can help with installation, emergency services, repairs, inspections, and much more. Contact the team at Legacy Fire today to learn more about our qualifications. We can also discuss strategies to optimize the performance of your fire sprinkler system. Our services can enhance the safety of your building and protect lives and property during a fire emergency.